[COFF] Speaking of floppy controllers,

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Tue Mar 10 07:18:48 AEST 2020

On 3/8/20 9:39 PM, Warner Losh wrote:
> floppy controller supports the full range of crazy that once roamed
> the earth

Does anyone have any knee jerk reaction to the idea of putting a 5¼"
floppy drive on a USB-to-Floppy (nominally 3½") adapter?

Do I want to avoid tilting at this windmill?

Am I better off installing the 5¼" floppy inside the computer and
connecting directly to the motherboard?

I'm only wanting to pull files off of 5¼" disks.  At most I'll want to
dd the disks to an image.

That being said, I wonder if I should also be collecting any different
types of images.  (This may mean mobo instead of USB.)

Thank you for any pro-tips that you can provide.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die