[COFF] Old non-Unix software and manuals.

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo tih at hamartun.priv.no
Fri Mar 20 22:55:37 AEST 2020

Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> writes:

> That's why I got a kyroflux...  too hard to find an old enough pc that
> the floppy controller supports the full range of crazy that once
> roamed the earth...

For the record: the Adaptec 1542B ISA bus SCSI controller includes a
floppy controller that's compatible with the one in the original PC, and
which can be programmed in minute detail for tracks, sectors,
interleaving, inter-sector gaps, and so forth.

I used one of those and a modified NetBSD floppy driver to create boot
floppies for my Osborne 1, after downloading images off the net.  :)

-tih
--
Most people who graduate with CS degrees don't understand the significance
of Lisp.  Lisp is the most important idea in computer science.  --Alan Kay