[COFF] Useful Shell Scripts Network Connections , Logins and Block hacking attempts

segaloco via COFF coff at tuhs.org
Fri May 12 08:35:46 AEST 2023

I would be cautious with that sort of accusation.  I've seen Ken here's traffic on TUHS and COFF for a little bit now and at least myself have never seen him try and pass off a false identity.  I've seen email replies reach TUHS from Ken Thompson himself, there's nothing I've seen in this Ken's messaging that appears to present a facsimile of Ken T. or anyone else.  Of course, if such misdirection is happening and can be proven, probably best to warn Warren directly on that sort of thing.

That all said, yeah, I don't see this sort of email being too relevant to COFF.  I'm no moderator so I won't claim to have authority on anything, but I for one tend to ignore just about anything Linux-oriented or specific in this list and TUHS.

- Matt G.

P.S. Sorry to backseat mod at all, I just have seen this sort of thing before, I don't think anyone involved has bad intentions, communicating over the internet is hard.