[COFF] Useful Shell Scripts Network Connections , Logins and Block hacking attempts

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Fri May 12 12:13:17 AEST 2023

On Thursday, 11 May 2023 at 22:35:46 +0000, COFF wrote:
> On Thursday, May 11th, 2023 at 3:06 PM, Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 May 2023, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
>>
>> It appears to be some jerk pretending to be Ken T; any fool can
>> take a Gmail address (and they do).
>
> I would be cautious with that sort of accusation...

Agreed.  My guess is that the poster is really called Ken.  You can't
blame him for that.

> That all said, yeah, I don't see this sort of email being too
> relevant to COFF.

Well, it *is* Unix-related.  Should COFF be restricted beyond that?
The whole idea of the list was to provide a platform for topics where
TUHS was inappropriate.  I don't see the distinction Unix/Linux as an
issue: a surprising number of Unix people have moved on to Linux.  And
I don't think we should pontificate on the merits of the post.  Some
are better than others.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.