mknod device numbers

Bob Manners rjm at swift.eng.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 15 20:17:13 AEST 1995

v5 and v6 UNIX seem to have very few device files in /dev as
distributed. Inparticular, I need to set up the device entries for my
RK05 drives, /dev/rk0 and /dev/rrk0 etc.

Does anyone know the major and minor numbers offhand, or know the
source well enough to know where to find them? I've grepped the source
to no avail ...

Cheers,

Bob

Robert Manners                                  Osney Laboratory
rjm at swift.eng.ox.ac.uk                          Dept of Engineering Science
                                                University of Oxford
                                                01865 246561 x 162
Try: http://swift.eng.ox.ac.uk                  Linux - the only choice