UNIX for 11/23 (fwd)

Bob Manners rjm at swift.eng.ox.ac.uk
Thu Mar 21 19:44:37 AEST 1996

Forwarded message:
Subject: Re: UNIX for 11/23
To: wkt at csadfa.cs.adfa.oz.au (Warren Toomey)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 09:40:12 +0000 (GMT)

>In atricle by Bob Manners:
>>
>> Now, the 11/23 has 128Kw, a 10Mb RD51 winchester and an RX50 floppy. I
>> need to get hold of a version of UNIX (pref. v7) The UNIX in question
>> obviously needs to support the RD51.
>>
>> Does v7 support RD series drives? If not, what does?
>
>v7 doesn't support RDs (just looked thru the archive), and I don't know
>of anything that does. You'd probably have to write your own device driver :-(

I beleive Digital's MV7 (I think) does support RDs. It is mentioned in
the 11/23+ Owners Manual. I'll have to check. I guess this version
isn't in the archive ...

Cheers,
Bob.

Robert Manners                                  Osney Laboratory
rjm at swift.eng.ox.ac.uk                          Dept of Engineering Science
                                                University of Oxford
                                                01865 288762
Computer Museum: http://swift.eng.ox.ac.uk/rjm/museum.html
Also:            http://swift.eng.ox.ac.uk

        "The comfort you've demanded is now mandatory" - Jello Biafra