PDP-11: Disk over Serial proposal

Daniel A. Seagraves dseagrav at bsdserver.tek-star.net
Tue Dec 9 03:35:02 AEST 1997

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Erin Corliss wrote:

> Ummm....  I'd just like to point out here that if I was intending to put
> PDP-11 Unix to any meaningful use (which *would* be a terrible thing to
> do to myself) I'd just run an emulator on one of my other computers.  What
> I'm looking for here is a project I can kill some of my weekends on.  I
> was thinking eventually I could wire the /usr/games/chess up to my web
> page so people could "Play a game of chess with the PDP-11!", you know, as
> kind of a freak show act....

Freak show?  Actually, an emulator on a PC would be more of a freak show!
I have come to the conclusion that PCs are freaks - REAL computers come in
racks!  The bigger the better, unless I can't store it...
(Speaking of which:  Anyone want an IBM S/34 in running condition with
software?  [Loads of 8" floppies])