PDP-11 (fwd)

Warren Toomey wkt at csadfa.cs.adfa.oz.au
Thu Jan 16 08:41:28 AEST 1997

----- Forwarded message from Don Kabuss -----

Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 13:22:36 -0600
From: kabussdr at SLUVCA.SLU.EDU (Don Kabuss)
Subject: PDP-11
To: wkt at cs.adfa.oz.au

Hello Warren,

My name is Don.
I visited your webpage today about the "PDP-11 UNIX Preservation Society".
Although I'm not inclined to participate, I am however the proud owner of a
DEC PDP-11/04. It is complete except for a dumb terminal/ keyboard.  It is
mounted in two 6 1/2 foot tall steel racks it includes a dual 8" floppy
drives with unopened boxes of new 8" disks, one 12" cartridge removable
hard drive with 6 cartridges, one 12" reel to reel mass storage tape drive,
power supply, supportive hardware and all cabling.  Also there is an 18"
medium speed drum printer in a sound proof encloser.  No it's not for sale.
However, I would like to give it away. Obviously it is very heavy and
there is no way I could ship it. I would like to know if there is a member
of this Society somewhere in the mid-west ( close to St. Louis,
Missouri,USA ) that might be interested in having it just for coming to get
it? The unit was fully functional when I removed the dumb terminal to use
in another application, so it's not just "junk".
This unit is mine and not property of the University that I'm affiliated with.
I hope this may serve a common interest.
Thanks
Don.

----- End of forwarded message from Don Kabuss -----