PDP-11 Xenix

Allison J Parent allisonp at world.std.com
Fri Oct 10 14:12:45 AEST 1997

Dave,

<I don't think John has it at ftp.dbit.com.  And I doubt that XENIX is
<anywhere on the net.  I don't even know if there was a PDP-11 XENIX. (It
<was originally MS, afterall.  They "sold" it to SCO way back, before SCO
<collected everything else.)

Your right, drain beth,  err brain death. Sometimes all those *nixs are the
same to me.  Especially after configuring three vaxen for VMS and installing
it.  I know heresy but, Netbsd has proven uninstallable here on all four
systems.

<DEC Pro350/380, which is, essentially, a PDP-11.  There was also a VENIX
<for "real" PDP-11s.

Well venix on the pro350 runs far better than POS!  In fact it's the only
*nix running here as even slackware has had problems (bad CD!).

That however is news! Is there a version of venix for "real" PDP-11s? on
the net?

Allison