Old PDP-11 UNIX Paper Docs?

Greg Lehey grog at lemis.com
Thu Sep 11 16:36:54 AEST 1997

On Thu, Sep 11, 1997 at 03:39:39PM +1000, Warren Toomey wrote:
> All,
> 	While I'm thinking of it, does anybody have any old Usenix, EUUG,
> AUUG etc. newsletters, papers, conference proceedings? Some of these have
> details about fitting various UNIX flavours onto various PDP-11s, plus other
> useful information. Anyone care to scan stuff in?
>
> I've got some AUUG newsletters dating from 1980 onwards. One of them mentions
> a `Heriot-Watt stripped down 7th Edition', which looks like it comes from
> Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh, UK. Does anybody have any knowledge of
> this version of 7th Edition?

I believe I might have a copy of it.  I got it along with an 11/73
from some friends, who had brought the software via Novosibirsk, where
they had studied computer science.  They gave me the machine in April
of this year, along with a whole lot of RL02s, and I haven't put it
together yet.  If anybody in the Adelaide area is interested in
helping me, we might find something interesting on it.

Greg