UNIX for PDP-11: moving on to media

Matthias Bruestle m at mbsks.franken.de
Sun Sep 14 12:08:50 AEST 1997

Mahlzeit

According to Allison J Parent:
> <For my 11/34A with 2 RL01 I made with an emulator a bootable V7-RL01-diskim
> <I downloaded it under RT-11 with KSERVE from John Wilson (dunno where I
> <ftped it) over a serial line onto the second disk. It took some hours,
> <but it worked.
> How did you write it to the RL01 and what would it take to write it to rl02
> assuming rt/kserve.  Did you use guarenteed no bad block media?
I ran kserve on RT-11 and kermit on my PC (and a 4-wire seriell line
in between). kserve (unlike the other kermits for RT-11) can write directly
with a put to a disk. The RL01 disk pack I used had no bad blocks. This
should the same way work with RL02 disks. In some blocks on the disk pack
should be written, if it has bad blocks. But I don't know which. I didn't
try it with media with bad blocks, because I had only this disk pack free.
(On the other is the RT-11 and my third has a red shock watch.)

Mahlzeit

endergone Zwiebeltuete

--
insanity inside