SCO Licenses-where are they?

Warren Toomey wkt at henry.cs.adfa.oz.au
Thu Apr 2 14:14:09 AEST 1998

In article by Ed G.:
> Has anyone gotten their "Antique Source Code License" yet?
> I sent in my signed contract to the SCO 3/11/98, but I haven't heard
> a thing.
> Ed

This is the word from Dion, as at 1st April:

	Well, we have 12 licenses accumulated here and I haven't got any
	"system" set up to deal with these.  I will probably just send
	you a list of the peoples' names and addresses by postal mail.
	Hope that's not too primitive.

I asked if he could send me the list via PGP email, but he countered
that they were all on paper, and he didn't have the time to send me the
list. However, he did say:

	I will just drop them into a DHL or similar express shipment
	thing.  Hopefully in a day or two.

Now, I'm not sure if this means:

	+ he will ship the licenses in a day or two,
	+ he will ship me the list in a day or two,
	+ it will only take a day or two for the list to reach me.

However, the worst-case scenario is that the licenses will be posted
in a day or two, and they should reach you quickly after that.

I checked my bank account, and SCO removed $100 on the 24th March.
I take this to indicate that I am now licensed. I don't know if this
is of much help, though.

I am waiting in anticipation, as we all are.

BTW First person to announce their license in the mailing list wins.
Wins what, I haven't a clue ;-)

	Warren