The Unix Society

Greg Lehey grog at lemis.com
Mon Aug 3 11:43:38 AEST 1998

On Sunday,  2 August 1998 at 18:28:56 -0700, David C. Jenner wrote:
> I think he has a point here:
>
>   Restrict it to whatever the Ancient Unix license from SCO
>   (and any equivalent licenses yet to emerge) covers.  In fact,
>   an objective could be to try to ADD more systems from vendors
>   (like Venix, even Xenix) who required the AT&T license.

That's rather conservative, isn't it?  If we had done that previously,
there would never now have been an SCO licence for 16 bit UNIX.  If we
do it now, there will never be a license for 32 bit UNIX.

Greg
finger grog at lemis.com for PGP public key

	by minnie.cs.adfa.oz.au (8.8.8/8.8.8) id LAA12100
	for pups-liszt; Mon, 3 Aug 1998 11:50:20 +1000 (EST)