Extending the cheap SCO src license

Warren Toomey wkt at henry.cs.adfa.oz.au
Mon Aug 3 12:51:22 AEST 1998

In article by Greg Lehey:
> OK.  The current SCO license is limited specifically to 16 bit
> systems.  We'd like to get, say, System V as well.
>
> Greg

After negotiating with SCO, I can safely say that they won't make System V
cheaply available for any system, yet. Heck, they wouldn't even let us have
the crippled System V for the PDP-11.

You might be lucky to get System III added to the source license, and separate
binary-only licenses for certain System V systems. That's another battle, tho.

	Warren

	by minnie.cs.adfa.oz.au (8.8.8/8.8.8) id NAA12393
	for pups-liszt; Mon, 3 Aug 1998 13:06:41 +1000 (EST)