Unix History Diagram

Warren Toomey wkt at henry.cs.adfa.oz.au
Tue Dec 15 09:44:25 AEST 1998

All,

I was thinking of trying to update my `History of UNIX' diagram at
http://minnie.cs.adfa.oz.au/TUHS/Images/unixtimeline.gif, to bring it up
to date and make it more accurate. The current status of my update is at:

	http://minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au/Unix_History/

I'm missing details on many of the commercial versions of UNIX:

	+ SunOS/Solaris
	+ SysVR4.x
	+ Ultrix
	+ Xenix
	+ Unixware :-)
	+ BSDI stuff
	+ lots more

If anybody can supply release dates and relationships for systems that I
don't have yet, could you email them to me with a reference where possible.

This is going to be a back-burner project, I'll do a bit here and there, but
hopefully by sometime next year we'll have a large wall-sized family tree
for UNIX.

Cheers,
	Warren

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.1/8.9.1) id OAA16605
	for pups-liszt; Tue, 15 Dec 1998 14:23:51 +1100 (EST)