PDP-11/73

Erin W. Corliss erin at coffee.corliss.net
Thu Dec 17 05:47:37 AEST 1998

So get this...

I downloaded the machine emulators package and the binaries for Unix
version 7 from the PUPS ftp site, hoping that I could use it to create a
bootable disk image to put on my PDP-11/73 that would run getty on one of
the serial ports besides the console...  I compiled the emulators on a
Slackware Linux 2.0.30 machine, and they seemed to compile OK.  From the
emulator I followed the instructions for booting Unix 7.  I had the
following error every time I tried booting:

Trap stack push abort, PC: 004567 (MOV R3,(SP))

Anybody have a clue why this is happening?