Moving a RL02..

Jorgen Pehrson jp at spektr.ludvika.se
Mon Dec 21 07:08:00 AEST 1998

Hi,
I was given a couple of QBus PDP11 on which I'm going to run 2.11BSD or
some other version of UNIX. One /73 and one /83. Both had RL02 drives, a
couple of RD53's and loads of serial boards and an extra expansion box
each. Now there's that little question of lugging them back to my
apartment. So, is there any particular precaution I should take when it
comes to the RL02's? Are they sensitive to vibrations or something? Do
they have to be in some sort of transport mode?

Is there some information available online which explains how to operate
the RL02? Like how to open the drive, for starters... :) Or how the RL02
controller should be jumpered. (I guess that depends on what else is
present on the QBus though...)

Is there some other UNIX version that I can run on any of these machines?
I already have one PDP11/83 which happily runs 2.11BSD so it would be nice
to run older UNIX versions as well.

Thanks!

--
Jorgen Pehrson                  HP 9000/380 (NetBSD/hp300 1.3)
jp at spektr.ludvika.se            DECstation 5000/200 (NetBSD/pmax 1.3)

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.1/8.9.1) id KAA12528
	for pups-liszt; Mon, 21 Dec 1998 10:18:04 +1100 (EST)