Problems booting 2.11 on a 11/84

Rick Copeland rickgc at calweb.com
Tue Dec 22 05:18:19 AEST 1998

Dear PUPS List,

I have connected a Fujisu M2444 9 track to an Emulex TC13 that is in my
11/84. The following is what happens when I try to boot a BSD 2.11 tape
that I made on my uVax3600/TU81+ (@6250 bpi):

	Enter device name and unit number then press the RETURN key: MS0

	Trying MS0	(tape starts rolling)

	Starting ROM boot

	140276		(tape stops)
	@

The boot programs that are available are quite extensive on this 11/84, it
does tapes, disks, just about everything.  The M2444 is checked out by
doing the test (01 start, etc)and passes all the tests.  If I reverse the
cables on the M2444 the LED on the TC13 comes on and the M2444 will not do
anything.

Rick Copeland