2.11BSD (but no src license)

Warren Toomey wkt at henry.cs.adfa.oz.au
Sat Dec 26 20:32:47 AEST 1998

In article by Greg Lehey:
> On Friday, 25 December 1998 at 23:09:48 -0800, Erin W. Corliss wrote:
> > On Sat, 26 Dec 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:
> >> Do you have an Ancient UNIX license?  I don't see you in our list.
> >> You'll need one before we can give you a copy of the software.
> >
> > Nope.  I have a licensed copy of RSTS/E I could trade, though...  8^)  No,
> > actually, I think I found another source for it, but thanks for the
> > concern.
>
> PUPS is very glad to have been able to have created the possibility of
> legally using these old versions of UNIX.  Please don't make things
> difficult by abusing somebody's cooperation.  You can get it legally;
> see http://minnie.cs.adfa.oz.au/PUPS/getlicense.html for more details.
>
> Greg

What Greg says is true: we can't give you access to any UNIX source
code unless you have a UNIX source license from SCO. However....
I should ask Dion at SCO if we could distribute binary-only distributions
of 2.x BSD without a license. After all, freely distributable binary-only
distributions for v5, v6, v7 and Venix (System III-ish) exist.

Just a thought, but for now you do need a source license.

Cheers,
	Warren