2.11BSD

Tim Shoppa SHOPPA at trailing-edge.com
Sat Dec 26 14:03:36 AEST 1998

>I know you've all been on the edge of your seats waiting for this, but...
>
>I finally got my PDP-11/73 working, using a wyse terminal instead of my PC
>-- for some reason neither of the serial ports were sending on the PC (but
>then again, I boughtthe motherboard in an alley in korea three years
>ago)...

There are at least two different standards for the ribbon-cable-to-D-sub
adapters, and of course it's guaranteed that you'll use the wront type :-).

>  Anyway, it boots up with RSTS/E version 9, which is OK in it's
> own little way, I guess, but I'd rather be running Unix on it.
> So where can I download the binaries for 2.11BSD?

Easiest way is for you to tell us what sort of load media you can use and
have someone write an install tape for you.  Do you have a TK50 or other tape
drive on the system?

 Tim Shoppa                        Email: shoppa at trailing-edge.com
 Trailing Edge Technology          WWW:   http://www.trailing-edge.com/
 7328 Bradley Blvd		   Voice: 301-767-5917
 Bethesda, MD, USA 20817           Fax:   301-767-5927

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.1/8.9.1) id VAA03169
	for pups-liszt; Sat, 26 Dec 1998 21:31:23 +1100 (EST)