Converting Sixth Edition man pages

Warren Toomey wkt at henry.cs.adfa.oz.au
Tue Dec 29 18:14:38 AEST 1998

In article by Greg Lehey:
> I have the Sixth Edition man pages on my machine, but I can't do much
> with them, since they use obsolete macros.  Is there any way to
> convert them to the Seventh Edition style?
>
> Greg

My off-the-cuff suggestion is to read the man(7) pages for both V6 and V7,
and write a Perl script to make the changes :-) That's probably the `best'
solution, but would take time.

Do you want to preserve the markup, or just want to view the manpages?
Just viewing them would be easier, of course!

Ciao,
	Warren

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.1/8.9.1) id TAA12285
	for pups-liszt; Tue, 29 Dec 1998 19:19:35 +1100 (EST)