Bob Supnik's Emulator.

Robin Birch robin at falstaf.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 30 08:32:24 AEST 1998

Dear All,
I've been struggling with Bob's emulator (version 2.3d).  The main
problem appears to be around the TM device driver.  I've been creating
boot programs and data on my 11/73 under 2.11 BSD.

To do this I've been using the makesimtape program.  This hasn't worked
very well.  I've had to make individual files for each of the standalone
utilities as I havn't been able to get the emulator to find files beyond
the first one.  For instance if I make a standalone file consisting of
the bootstrap, boot, disklabel, mkfs, restor and inode then I can boot
the processor and load and run disklabel but nothing beyond this.

Using separate bootstraps, boot and <program>, I have labeled and mkfs
an RP04.  I then tried restor.  Well, I can get restor to load and run
but it doesn't want to understand the dump file written with dd that is
created as part of the generation of a distribution set on the 11/73.

I suspect that there is some form of data conversion that I have to go
through before I can read the files on the emulator.

Has anybody installed 2.11 on the emulator from scratch.  If so, can
they offer any advice.

Regards

Robin

PS, the emulator is compiled with gcc on Solaris 2.6 running on a
sparc2.  It runs the rt11 and v7 disks available with the simulator with
no worries.
Robin Birch     robin at falstaf.demon.co.uk

M1ASU/2E0ARJ    Old computers and radios always welcome

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.1/8.9.1) id JAA14831
	for pups-liszt; Wed, 30 Dec 1998 09:49:48 +1100 (EST)