V7 on a PDP-11/23+

Bob Lash bob at wbs.net
Wed Feb 18 17:06:47 AEST 1998

I wanted to express my gratitude to PUPS, and especially PUPS member Bob
Armstrong, who transferred a copy of Seventh Edition UNIX onto an RL02
pack which worked immediately on my PDP-11/23+ ! :)

Below is a copy of booting instructions that Bob provided for the 11/23+.
These worked exactly as billed.

If anyone needs some spare RL02 incandescent bulbs, I have a few on hand.
Also, they are still availabe from Digikey at http://www.digikey.com. The
part is a "CM 73" bulb, which is a T1 3/4 14V wedge base type.

Best wishes,

Bob Lash
bob at wbs.net