Project generate RL02.

Tim Shoppa shoppa at alph02.triumf.ca
Wed Feb 25 02:29:38 AEST 1998

> <I added an RLV-controller for those RL02 drives into the system and
>
> I take it that is the rlv12 controller as the rlv11 twoboard set is not
> usable. The rlv11 (m8014/8014) must be plugged into a h9273 backplane
> only!

Actually, if you use an expansion BA23 it is possible to hook a
RLV11 set to a uVax.  Woe to the person that tries this, though, as there
are bad things in store when the system begins doing any Q-bus
transactions past the lower 248 Kbytes!  The 18-bit-ness of the
RLV11 is a very nasty form of 18-bit-ness, and not easily overcome
like, say, the RXV21.

> <What the heck is happening? Do I need to have the RL02 connected to get t
> <darn thing to interrupt or do I have a CSR / Interrupt conflict along the
> <line?
>
> likely yes, the drive must be connected.

Certainly yes, if the Ultrix autoconfigure logic is anything like
2.11 BSD's was before I got fed up with it insisting that I have
my RL units #0 when booting.  To quote from 2.11BSD Patch #380: