DRAFT of license for ancient UNIX sources

Warren Toomey wkt at henry.cs.adfa.oz.au
Wed Feb 25 13:05:43 AEST 1998

In article by Chris Drake:
> Not being a lawyer, it looks confusing but reasonable...
> A couple of questions, though:
>
> 	- it looks to me like the $100 fee is a one-shot that covers more
> 	  than one CPU, as long as you specify them all at the outset.  Or
> 	  is this supposed to be a per-CPU fee?
>
> 	- this also appears to be a fee for any or all of the versions of
> 	  the OS specified.  Or is this supposed to be a per-version fee?
>
> 	 	- Chris Drake

I'm told by Dion that you nominate the CPUs on which the software will
be run. I have no idea how to nominate an emunated CPU. The one-off
fee covers ALL nominated versions AND all successor versions
(e.g the right to use PWB, AUSAM, 2BSD, System III etc.)

The licensee also specifies which are the authorised countries.
I hope/assume that I can specify my list of authorised countries as:

	All countries except Afghanistan, the People's Republic of China
	or any Group Q, S, W, Y or Z country specified in Supplement No. 1
	to Section 370 of the Export Administration Regulations issued by
	the U.S. Department of Commerce.

Hope this helps,

	Warren