DRAFT of license for ancient UNIX sources

Tim Bradshaw tfb at aiai.ed.ac.uk
Fri Feb 27 01:57:39 AEST 1998

I've been skipping a lot of the discussion about this, but if I read
this license correctly it seems to cover the SCO-owned bits of most of
the 4BSD releases as well.  Of course all the recent ones are free
already, but I don't think that things like 4.2 are, and they're
derived from 32V I think, (or is there held to be an admixture of
stuff from System V?).

I'd be quite interested in 4.2 and 4.3 as I have a machine that runs
4.2 (not a vax...).

I suspect that the 4BSD situation must be fairly well understood by
someone, since there were all these legal arguments a few years ago
when the various PC BSDs started appearing in a big way.

Does anyone know what the real story is?

--tim

--
Tim Bradshaw, System Manager,
	      Artificial Intelligence Applications Institute,