DRAFT of license for ancient UNIX sources

Warren Toomey wkt at henry.cs.adfa.oz.au
Fri Feb 27 06:23:30 AEST 1998

In article by Tim Bradshaw:
> I've been skipping a lot of the discussion about this, but if I read
> this license correctly it seems to cover the SCO-owned bits of most of
> the 4BSD releases as well.  Of course all the recent ones are free
> already, but I don't think that things like 4.2 are, and they're
> derived from 32V I think, (or is there held to be an admixture of
> stuff from System V?).

No, the successor systems are specified as 16-bit, and that excludes the
4BSD systems as they ran on the Vax.

Besides, UCB still owns these systems. Keith Bostic has mentioned that
a back-burner project is to get all the 4BSD releases onto CD-ROMs,
and make them available to people with licenses for 32V. He knows about
the new SCO licenses. Perhaps we can start encouraging him once we get
out licenses?!

P.S Why do you think I fought to get 32V covered by the SCO license?
    I wanted to be able to buy these 4BSD CD-ROMs!

	Warren