Binary-only PDP UNIX

Allison J Parent allisonp at world.std.com
Wed Mar 4 23:24:53 AEST 1998

<The v7 comes on either rk05 or rl02 images.
<Earlier editions didn't know about rl02s.

Exactly my understanding and V7 doesn't run on pdp-11/23s though it is
runable on 11/73.

My interest if to have one of the many PDP-11 Qbus machines I have
running a nonDEC OS such as unix.  The 11/23s would be a favored target
as I have a few of them but, devices compatable with binary versions
are not available to me.

I'll look at the archive for the RL02 images.  IF there is anyone that can
suggest a way to get the images on to the RL02 using RT-11 I'm interested.
I can kermit the files from the PC so that step is not a problem.

<> Save for the rk05 image does not match my hardware (no rk05).  Also sin
<> they are disk images the target disk would have to have the same bad bl
<> map or all havoc happens.
<
<Yup. These images were designed for emulators.

Understood, not much interest to me.  Running a PDP-11 sim with two of
them behind me doesn't really do it for me.  Running unix on a sim under
dos on a PC exceeds my grasp of reality. I'm the sort if I wanted unix
on the PC I'd install *BSD for 386/486 and skip the simulation.  I think
Bob S. and friends did some great work though.

Allison