Binary-only PDP UNIX

Allison J Parent allisonp at world.std.com
Thu Mar 5 12:21:36 AEST 1998

<Oh yes it does.  Mine is running (with RL02s) as I type this...
<
<I wouldn't exactly describe it as "fast", but it's servicable.  The syste
<(minus man pages) is on dl0: and user directories on dl1:.   The system i

Ok a unique build, is that in the archive?

How about using a RQDX3 and rd52 or rd53 as its a bit more room than a
single RL?

<built for a "small machine", which makes a difference to the memory manag
<(no separate I&D spaces), and things like f77 and troff aren't there (nro

F77 is no loss but CC, vi and nroff are a must.  Speed is not required.

<> suggest a way to get the images on to the RL02 using RT-11 I'm interest
<> I can kermit the files from the PC so that step is not a problem.
<
<Kermit-11 should do that for you, but watch the bad blocks.

Kermit would be running under RT-11 the all I'd be doing is copying a
tar.z file over or make the detar'd files over to files under rt-11
structures.  I need more on genning a bootable image from RT-11.
While I'm comfortable in a lot of systems unix generally is not one
save for user level activity.

The only unix I have running currently is xenix on pro350 and linix
on PC.  I can't say how useful either would be to this project.

Allison