V7 startup

Allison J Parent allisonp at world.std.com
Wed Mar 18 01:17:52 AEST 1998

<The kernel you got probably doesn't have much else. I could build anoth
<kernel for you. Once you get the source license, you'll be able to do i
<youself!

The probability source license is currently low, that cost is currently
out of my reach.  The other problem with only a RL02 I doubt there is
compile space enough. The need to compile to get a bigger device is
hampered by the lack of a bigger device.  A built kernal would be
desireable.  In the mean time I can do a lot of learning off this one.

My wish list is MSCP disks, RL02, RX02, DLV11j, TK50 support and
networking.  That's likely too much.

I'd be happy if I could mount a RX02 or MSCP disk even if I can't boot
off it.

That reminds me. Why can't the 11/73 boot the unix RL pack directly from
ODT/console boot?  It does boot RSTS and RT-11 packs.  the boot block
munged?

Allison