V7 startup

Allison J Parent allisonp at world.std.com
Wed Mar 18 06:07:09 AEST 1998

<Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but ISTR that the dateset at startup
<just set MM/DD HH/MM and relies on reading the year last written in a fil
<somewhere.  If you run 'date' as root once the system is up, you can set
<year as well.

You are correct. I works.

Now I have four systems running some form unix (Linux, Venix, Ultrix, and
V7) and their resemblence at the user level is good but at the sysadmin
they might as well be from different worlds.  Granted, they are different
platforms.

Allison