Bug in Bob Supnik's Emulator!

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.u-net.com
Fri Mar 27 16:28:52 AEST 1998

Hi, Ed.

> I've had a chance to do some further research on this, and it seems
> to me that the bug is definitely in Supnik's emulator.  What do you
> all think?  Am I onto something?  If so, what part of Supnik's code
> is probably to blame?

Interesting...  did you use the same binary on both Bob's emulator and Ersatz?

> 3. Peter Turnbull wrote me that factor running on under uv7 on his
> PDP-11/23 runs the test case 'factor 6' without error.

Ah, I meant to mail that to the list.  No matter, it got to where it was most
needed, obviously :-)

I'd suggest you recompile factor if you have the source, but add some
debugging. If you can't do that, you could try running it with adb (the
debugger, man 1 adb for details).

--

Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Dept. of Computer Science