Installation of 2.11BSD

Matthias Bruestle m at mbsks.franken.de
Wed May 6 05:34:17 AEST 1998

Mahlzeit

My hardware:
  Mentec M70 with 512kB RAM (that must be enough) which can boot
    from DX DY DL DU DM DB MS MT and has 4 serial ports.
  MSCP/DU-Controller which can boot from DM, DP, DL, DR, MS,
    MT, MU, SY, DU.
  It is connected to a 1.2MB-5.25"-FDD and a MFM-HDD of unknown
    size wich I will get tomorrow. (I have now the dox for my
    controller.)

Kernel:
  To use these 4 serial ports, do I have to set "NKL 4" or are
    these not KL11/DL11s? One of these is the normal console
    unter RT-11.
  Is "NBUF 32" OK for 512kB RAM?
  Should I set UCB_CLIST NO or YES?

Installation:
  I think there are three possible ways of installing it:

  1) Boot from a RT-11-Floppy and transfer the whole disk with
     rtkerm.
     The disk will be bigger than 32MB, so this does not work?

  2) Boot from a RT-11-Floppy and transfer the root-fs and the
     swap-partition then boot BSD and transfer somehow the
     usr-data (kermit? write simple program?).
     This sould also install the disklabel.

  3) Boot from a BSD-Floppy, disklabel, mkfs, transfer data
     (kermit? write simple program?).

  The kernel and diskimages will allways be made on an emulator.

  What do you think is the best/easiest way? Or have you a better
  idea? (Make a tape and use the TU58-emulator?)

Thanks

endergone Zwiebeltuete

--
insanity inside

	by minnie.cs.adfa.oz.au (8.8.8/8.8.8) id PAA06631
	for pups-liszt; Wed, 6 May 1998 15:59:52 +1000 (EST)