Question regarding tape drive interface

Robin Birch robin at falstaf.demon.co.uk
Wed May 20 05:33:00 AEST 1998

In message <199805190148.SAA10957 at forbin.killthewabbit.org>, Ian King
<iking at killthewabbit.org> writes
>OK, this may not be *exactly* the right place to ask this.....
>
>I'm in the process of acquiring a PDP-11/34, on which I intend to run *some*
>flavor of UNIX.  I also have a Cipher F-880 tape drive, which I would like to
>interface with the PDP-11.  Reading between the lines of several pages on the
>Web, it seems it should be possible to do this, but which module is required?
>And does that prescribe the version of UNIX I'll be able to run?  Thanks in
>advance for any experience you can share!
>----------------------------------
>24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case.  Coincidence?
>Ian King <iking at KillTheWabbit.org>  No opinions but my own.  So there.
Wotcher,
You'll need a UNIBUS TS11 card, I don't know the number for this but it
should be relatively easy to get hold of.  BSD2 certainly supports this.

Cheers

Robin
Robin Birch     robin at falstaf.demon.co.uk

M1ASU/2E0ARJ    Old computers and radios always welcome

	by minnie.cs.adfa.oz.au (8.8.8/8.8.8) id NAA03403
	for pups-liszt; Fri, 29 May 1998 13:12:02 +1000 (EST)