Question regarding tape drive interface

Ian King iking at killthewabbit.org
Tue May 19 12:50:09 AEST 1998

OK, this may not be *exactly* the right place to ask this.....

I'm in the process of acquiring a PDP-11/34, on which I intend to run *some* flavor of UNIX.  I also have a Cipher F-880 tape drive, which I would like to interface with the PDP-11.  Reading between the lines of several pages on the Web, it seems it should be possible to do this, but which module is required?  And does that prescribe the version of UNIX I'll be able to run?  Thanks in advance for any experience you can share!
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case.  Coincidence?
Ian King <iking at KillTheWabbit.org>  No opinions but my own.  So there.

	by minnie.cs.adfa.oz.au (8.8.8/8.8.8) id FAA15443
	for pups-liszt; Wed, 20 May 1998 05:38:49 +1000 (EST)