Reno (was Re: What *was* the Tahoe?)

Allison J Parent allisonp at world.std.com
Tue Nov 24 05:37:17 AEST 1998

< U.S. called Tahoe/Reno. The BSD developers probably thought "OK, we alre
< have Tahoe, let's have Reno too." Reno also probably stands for
< "renovation", although IMHO sawing the branch you are sitting on is pret
< damn stupid and certainly doesn't qualify as "renovation".

Tahoe is Lake Tahoe California, Reno is in Nevada. The connection is
the two of the cities are connected by I80, The same road you'd take to
get from Boston to Berkeley.  Lake Tahoe is a resort area in the mountains
about 50miles (or so) west of Reno.

In those cities sawing the branch your sitting on may well be a paying
bet or a reason to party.

Allison