Installing UNIX on an 11/94

Arno Griffioen arno at usn.nl
Mon Dec 13 19:18:14 AEST 1999

OK.. Biggie here is that this machine doesn't have a tape drive, just
2 RA92 drives. It used to have a TU81, but it seems to have been junked
along the way.

No ethernet card either.. (anybody know where to get a DEUNA cheap??)

What are my options to get 2.11BSD running on this beast?

I have a uVAX 3600 running NetBSD, so I could possibly dump a raw
filesystem image onto one of the RA92's and perhaps boot the 11/94
off of it. Is this feasible? I haven't looked into it yet..

I was thinking of using one of those TU58 emulators on the PC, but I
didn't find any mention of booting an 11/94 of these tape drives
or installing UNIX from it..

I don't have any other UNIBUS cards, so I can't plug my TK70 into
the 11/94..

Any thoughts on the subject are welcome..

							Bye, Arno.

--
PSINetworks Europe           Fax: +31-23-5699841 | One disk to rule them all,
Siriusdreef 34               Tel: +31-23-5699840 | One disk to bind them,

 We say Retribution, We say Vengeance is bliss, We say Revolution,
 With a Cast-Iron fist!                  (Megadeth, 'The Disintegrators')