Installing UNIX on an 11/94

Johnny Billquist bqt at Update.UU.SE
Sat Dec 18 02:10:25 AEST 1999

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Steven M. Schultz wrote:

> > From: Arno Griffioen <arno at usn.nl>
> >
> > OK.. Biggie here is that this machine doesn't have a tape drive, just
> > 2 RA92 drives. It used to have a TU81, but it seems to have been junked
>

> 	Congratulations on getting a /94 with RA92 drives!   Condolences
> 	on the tape drive being junked.

Agree. I'd like to get my hands on a /94 myself... :-)

> > No ethernet card either.. (anybody know where to get a DEUNA cheap??)
>
> 	In the US there are many places which sell used DEC equipment but
> 	I do not know of any in the Netherlands.  If at all possible get
> 	a DELUA insetad  - less power hungry and fewer bugs.

Less powerhungry, yes. It also takes less space on the Unibus, and is
faster. But I wasn't aware that the DEUNA had any more bugs than the
DELUA. Please enlight me. (I only use DELUAs myself, but I have one or two
DEUNAs lying around).

	Johnny

                                  ||  on a psychedelic trip
email: bqt at update.uu.se           ||  Reading murder books

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) id DAA70763
	for pups-liszt; Sat, 18 Dec 1999 03:31:16 +1100 (EST)