2.9BSD: mbuf.h

maximum entropy entropy at zippy.bernstein.com
Wed Feb 17 18:32:05 AEST 1999

>Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 21:15:02 -0800 (PST)
>From: "Steven M. Schultz" <sms at moe.2bsd.com>
>
>	I believe the 2.9-Seismo update is in the PUPS archive (should be
>	on the CD but my memory isn't ECC these days ;-)).  It's a fairly
>	painful upgrade process because it changes the a.out header format
>	for overlaid processes (goes from 7 to 15 overlays).  If you're not
>	real careful you'll have (as I did ;-)) a real mess:  can't finish
>	the upgrade because the old kernel doesn't support the new overlaid
>	processes but you can't build a new kernel because doing so needs
>	those processes.  Something like that.  It was "interesting" ;)

Sounds like fun.  Any hints on the correct upgrade path to avoid this
lossage?

Better yet, would you be willing and able to upload a disk image or
tar file of an upgraded system to the PUPS archive (or directly to me
if it's not of general interest), so I could use that as a starting
point?

Cheers,
entropy

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.1/8.9.1) id TAA11533
	for pups-liszt; Wed, 17 Feb 1999 19:43:19 +1100 (EST)