2.9BSD: mbuf.h

Warren Toomey wkt at henry.cs.adfa.edu.au
Fri Feb 19 13:06:14 AEST 1999

In article by Eric Edwards:
> I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but you can build a working 2.9
> kernel (sans network) from the sources by just commenting out the references
> to the networking include files.  I think there is an offending reference in
> syslocal.c also.
>
> Eric Edwards
> eekg at ix.netcom.com
> mag at csh.rit.edu

What is happening is that `make depend' invokes a script which finds
#includes in the source code, and builds a make dependency. However,
it's not very intelligent, and doesn't ignore:

#ifdef INET
#include <stuff>

when INET isn't defined. :-) This bites on several C files.
You just have to hand-prune the Makefile after make depend :-)
This is 2.9BSD, BTW, ignore if you're not using it.

Ciao!
	Warren

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.1/8.9.1) id VAA21635
	for pups-liszt; Fri, 19 Feb 1999 21:20:30 +1100 (EST)