4.4BSD

Tim Shoppa SHOPPA at trailing-edge.com
Wed Jan 27 11:38:19 AEST 1999

> While I run Unix on the VAXen I have, I sure wish someone had implemented
> the MSCP BBR stuff for instance. Not event Ultrix does it properly,

If you look at the commented sources for the DEC OS's, you'll see that
it took them several minor version releases in order to get bad block
replacement working passably.  And there still remain
situations that aren't handled well even in the best implementations.

Tim.

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.1/8.9.1) id NAA19979
	for pups-liszt; Wed, 27 Jan 1999 13:11:21 +1100 (EST)