4.4BSD

Michael Sokolov mxs46 at k2.scl.cwru.edu
Wed Jan 27 10:40:23 AEST 1999

Johnny Billquist <bqt at Update.UU.SE> wrote:

> > Eventually I will support almost every VAX ever made, just like Ultrix. There
                              ^^^^^^
> > is no reason why it can't be done. If Ultrix, a close 4.3BSD derivative, could
> > do this, so can 4.3BSD-* itself.
>
> FYI. Ultrix don't support every VAX ever made.
> Only VMS does.

See the line of carets up there.

BTW, if someone with the hardware were willing to be a guinea pig, I would
readily add support for KA660 and KA670, making 4.3BSD-Quasijarus support even
MORE hardware than Ultrix in this particular area.

Michael Sokolov
TUHS 4BSD Coordinator
4.3BSD-* Maintainer
Quasijarus Project Principal Architect & Developer
Phone: 440-449-0299 or 216-217-2579
ARPA Internet SMTP mail: mxs46 at k2.scl.cwru.edu
TUHS WWW page: http://minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au/TUHS/
Quasijarus WWW page: http://minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au/Quasijarus/

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.1/8.9.1) id LAA19598
	for pups-liszt; Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:27:38 +1100 (EST)