Old SunOS Software

Warren Toomey wkt at henry.cs.adfa.edu.au
Wed Mar 3 10:08:47 AEST 1999

In article by Robert Harker, 408-295-9432:
> I just joined the pups-digest mailing list which seemed to be PDP-11
> oriented.  Is there a different mailing list for the The Unix Heritage
> Society?
>
> And yes, I do have the original SunOS 2.x, 3.x, and 4.x software
> (and maybe 1.x also). As I tell friends, "There is a Sun 100u in the
> Smithsonian, but mine is older"
>
> Thanks in advance
> RLH

Hi Robert, the name is a legacy thing, feel free to talk about old Suns.
If you have the old software, and we can clear things with Sun, then
we could get it added into the archive here.

There was a German web site which had Sun's assent to put some old SunOS
versions up on the web. My email from Robert D. Keys
<rdkeys at seedlab1.cropsci.ncsu.edu> says:

  Try the http://doener.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/  site, and it is explained
  there.  The guy actually got Sun to OK it, as far as I know, but
  I have no idea of the exact legalese involved, but memory tells
  me it was Sun Germany that gave the go-ahead on it.

  The site may have moved to http://sun3arc.krupp.net, since I was
  thinking a move was in progress a couple of months back.
  I think I got to it via a link from www.sunhelp.com or www.sunfreeware.com.

Hope this helps,

	Warren

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.1/8.9.1) id CAA00695
	for pups-liszt; Thu, 4 Mar 1999 02:56:48 +1100 (EST)