booting archived Sys III and Ultrix 3.x images

Wed Oct 20 23:28:36 AEST 1999

Has anyone successfully booted either the System III
(...Distributions/usdl/SysIII/) or Ultrix (...Distritutions/dec/Ultrix*)
tape images?  I don't have a real PDP-11 any more, however both the
Begemot P11 and the Supnik emulators produce the following on a
generated boot disk:

#0=unixhptm
ka6 = 1535
aps = 141774
pc = 1476 ps = 30010
trap type 0
ka6 = 1535
aps = 141666
pc = 113444 ps = 30300
trap type 0
panic: trap

The Ultrix images both fail to actually boot from tape, as they
quit after reading the first boot block.  Thus I am unable get as
far as being able to generate a disk image for booting.

I'm somewhat confident that my tape image booting and system generation
procedures used with the Supnik emulator are working properly, since I
successfully generate disk systems from both the V7 (Bostic) and
the 2.11BSD boot-tape images.

Any info and interest of others gleefully appreciated :)

	-skots
Scott G. Akmentins-Taylor     InterNet: staylor at mrynet.com
MRY Systems			        staylor at mrynet.lv
    (Skots Gregorijs Akmentins-Teilors -- just call me "Skots")
		----- Labak miris neka sarkans -----