assembler?

Warren Toomey wkt at cs.adfa.edu.au
Thu Oct 21 14:02:36 AEST 1999

In article by P.BASKER:
> Hi ,
> 	Im interested in a PDP-11 assembler that has the MACRO-11 syntax,
> I got a book, "Introduction to Computer Systems using the PDP-11 and
> Pascal" by McEwans, Thought it would be nice to have the assembler to
> check out. I hope the assembler is a load and go assembler cum simulator.
> I want to check out some PDP-11 assembly on my linux machine.
>
> Does anyone remember a program called "apout" I think that might work for
> cross development (learning).
> 		Bye

Yes, I wrote Apout. It runs user-mode programs from V5, V6, V7, 2.9BSD
and 2.11BSD. So if you could find an assembler for any of these systems
which met your requirements, and produced .o files which could be linked
using the normal Unix linker, you'd be okay.

However, I haven't heard of a Unix assembler with MACRO-11 syntax, and
Apout only runs PDP-11 Unix binaries. So you probably would be better
off with a full emulator running a DEC OS with MACRO-11.

Cheers,
	Warren

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) id RAA01742
	for pups-liszt; Thu, 21 Oct 1999 17:06:23 +1000 (EST)