Successful recompilation of last1120 C compiler

Warren Toomey wkt at cs.adfa.edu.au
Mon Jan 10 15:40:39 AEST 2000

Hi All,
	With a lot of help from Norman Wilson, Tim Shoppa and Dennis Ritchie
himself, I've been able to modify my Apout emulator to run the 2nd Edition
UNIX C compiler binaries. Using these, I've been able to recompile the
`last1120' C compiler described by Dennis on his web page at:
http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/dmr/primevalC.html

The new version of Apout, as always, is available at:
ftp://minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au/pub/PDP-11/Sims/Apout/

I've also put the source code to the last1120 C compiler in UnixBins/

Soren also pointed out a code problem stopping compilation on NetBSD,
which has been fixed.

Cheers all,
	Warren

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) id CAA74341
	for pups-liszt; Tue, 11 Jan 2000 02:10:03 +1100 (EST)