tcsh on 2.11BSD

Warren Toomey wkt at cs.adfa.edu.au
Fri Jun 9 08:58:44 AEST 2000

In article by Jason T. Miller:
> The only thing I want is
> command history and filename completion in the Bourne shell (having grown
> used to Bash -- although it's a big memory pig and I admit I use it only
> for the previously mentioned features, though I like the PS variable magic
> characters, too -- I'm thinking about trying to hack the CH features of
> tcsh (never been a C shell fan) into sh, maybe we should start a 2BSD
> 'ports' collection? Any suggestions for a name of this shell? Any
> suggestions for freeing up my time to write it :)?

I thought there was a port of an early tcsh to 2.*BSD? Maybe I have poor
memory. Anyway, I believe that Minix has a very tiny editline(), which
could be squeezed into the 2.11BSD csh to give you command-line editing.

> Also, when I get my RX50 toolset for FreeBSD working, should I put it in
> the archive? It'd probably be more interesting to PUPS'ers than the
> FreeBSD community At Large.

Yep, it will go into Tools/

	Warren

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) id JAA29574
	for pups-liszt; Fri, 9 Jun 2000 09:24:11 +1000 (EST)
	(envelope-from owner-pups at minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au)