4.2BSD dist in the TUHS/PUPS archive: resolution

Michael Sokolov msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Sat Jun 17 00:35:55 AEST 2000

Quasijarus Consortium members and TUHS/PUPS archive users,

Since early fall 1998 the archive has had an incomplete distribution of 4.2BSD
reconstructed from some bogus tape images from Per Andersson. This morning Tim
Shoppa read an authentic 4.2BSD tape dist. I compared it with the incomplete
dist in the archive and found that it is the same dist, Tim Shoppa's version is
complete and correct, and Per Andersson's version was incomplete. The files
that were in the archive were correct. I added the missing files this morning,
making the 4.2BSD dist in the archive complete. It is in
Distributions/4bsd/4.2BSD, it is a superset of what was there before (because
what was there before was just missing some files), and it identically matches
Tim Shoppa's copy in his home directory.

I left Per Andersson's original (bogus) files in the Per_Andersson
subdirectory. Warren, it's up to you if you want to keep or delete them.

--
Michael Sokolov		Harhan Engineering Laboratory
Public Service Agent	International Free Computing Task Force

Phone: +1-214-824-7693 (Harhan Eng Lab office)
E-mail: msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG (ARPA TCP/SMTP) (UUCP coming soon)

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) id AAA84202
	for pups-liszt; Sat, 17 Jun 2000 00:48:04 +1000 (EST)
	(envelope-from owner-pups at minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au)