The Unix History Graphing Project...

Sat Jun 17 09:02:56 AEST 2000

> On Fri, Jun 16, 2000 at 03:41:27PM -0500, Michael Sokolov wrote:
> > Tim Shoppa <SHOPPA at trailing-edge.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Is there a readable (meaning "not source code") history of *.*BSD
> > > on the McCusick CD set?  Most of the comment-type entries in the
> > > Unix History Graphing Project for the BSD releases are pretty good,
> > > but not real complete.
> >
> > The line of True UNIX development is straight:
> >
> > V6 -> V7 -> 3BSD -> 4.0BSD -> 4.1BSD -> 4.2BSD -> 4.3BSD -> 4.3BSD-Tahoe ->
> > 4.3BSD-Quasijarus
> >
> > There is also a branch which I call Bostic BSD, resulting from Keith Bostic
> > taking over CSRG and killing it, that goes:
>
> [... and more spewage ...]
>
> I would like to ask that Mr. Solokov's association with the PUPS and TUHS
> projects be ended if he can not restrain himself from posting inflammatory
> material of this nature on the lists.
>
> Thor

I second some form of censure here.  I already filter this person's email
when I can, via my mail handler and client, but I am still subjected to his
non-constructive constant arrogance when included in other's replies.

Obviously I find his tact, social skills, and ethics reprehensible or I
wouldn't have bothered taking the measures I have.  Simply put, people
are welcome to their opinions, but his are bordering anti-social and
are downright rude and insulting.

Everyone is welcome to opinions and points-of-view, but having such shoved
in faces at every opportunity is intolerable.

Regards,
Scott G. Taylor

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) id JAA89002
	for pups-liszt; Sat, 17 Jun 2000 09:13:49 +1000 (EST)
	(envelope-from owner-pups at minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au)