The Unix History Graphing Project...

Markus Leypold leypold at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Jun 19 18:11:45 AEST 2000

 > From: "A. P. Garcia" <apgarcia at hackaholic.org>
 > Date: 17 Jun 2000 00:16:48 +0000
 > Sender: owner-pups at minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au
 >
 > "David O'Brien" <obrien at NUXI.com> writes:
 >
 > > > I would like to ask that Mr. Solokov's association with the PUPS and TUHS
 > > > projects be ended if he can not restrain himself from posting inflammatory
 > > > material of this nature on the lists.
 > >
 > > I have to agree.  From his emails, Mr. Solokov is a rather rabid individual.
 >
 > No, I agree with whomever it was - I think Patrick Henry - that said
 > something like "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend
 > to the death your right to say it."
 >
 > You can always send his mail to /dev/null if you don't like it.

I agree. Still I'd prefer (and humbly ask) from Michael Solokov a more
diplomatic attitude. As far as I can see, Mr Bostic has contributed to
UNIX in general and to the PUPS later, which entitles him to being
treated somewhat more respectfully :-)

UNIX is variance, not a one-size-fits-all system.

On the other side, Michael has ventured, to port BSD4.3 to modern
VAXens (a noble enterprise in my eyes), and it would make me sad, to
see so excellent and noble :-) men fight each other. Let's avoid that,
and let there be no war in the (ancient) UNIX camp.

I hope Michael had no intention to hurt the feelings of Keith Bostic.

Regards -- Markus

	by minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au (8.9.3/8.9.3) id SAA04100
	for pups-liszt; Mon, 19 Jun 2000 18:19:08 +1000 (EST)
	(envelope-from owner-pups at minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au)